Sat, 20 May|
K's for Keirans Legacy at Kula Coffee Hut
Annual Kula fundraiser to celebrate Kula Coffee hut's birthday and for our 2023 Charity of the Year - Keirans Legacy. The aim of the 'K's for Keirans Legacy' distance challenge is to get to Kula by non-motorised transport (walk, run, bike) from whatever start point you choose.
Time & Location
20 May 2023, 10:00 – 17:00
Duffus, Duffus, Castle, Duffus, Elgin IV30 5RH, UK
About the event
We are delighted to host "K's for Keirans Legacy". Taking place on the 20 May, during the inaugural Moray Coffee Week.
The aim of the 'K's for Keirans Legacy' distance challenge is to get to Kula by non-motorised transport (walk, run, bike) from whatever start point you choose and by whatever route you choose.
- Open to all ages, everyone who arrives at Kula before 5pm will get a medal, snack and hot drink/juice/water.
- Ticket's are £10. Each entrant receives a medal to commemorate the event, a hot drink and a fancy piece.
- All profits from entry will be donated to Keirans Legacy.
Kula means 'community' in Sanskrit and we really identified with this. As part of serving our own Kula following we also want to be able to give back to the local community in some way and we felt that Keirans Legacy aligned really well as a charity in what they do. As a result, we have chosen Keirans Legacy as our charity of the year 2023.
Keirans Legacy has collaborated with communities, public places, schools, sports facilities and emergency services throughout Scotland, thus enabling the provision of automated external defibrillators to be sited in these areas which increases the community resilience and enhances the chance of survival and to change practice with Police Scotland to carry defibrillators in their fast response vehicles. We are campaigning for dual responding which happens in USA/Canada and to ensure the nearest emergency services responds.
- There will be some spot prizes on the day (eg. longest distance, most indirect route, etc).
- There will be Portaloo available at the finish.
- Please note - it is not a race and participants require to be self-supported with water/food and clothing for any weather eventualities. Under 14's must be accompanied by an adult.
- Kula/Duffus Estate cannot accept any liability for any accident on injury that might occur.